” A salad is not a meal, it is a style”! That’s what people say.. I actually think it’s a lifestyle because people just decide to forfeit all the great and savory meats in the world for vegetables, leafs, greens call it however you want to. Lol!!
I love salads but I can’t have salad without a little bit of meat in it.Be it beef, chicken, tuna. I love my salads with something I can nibble or chew on. This is just me. We ought to be health conscious sometimes but hey, we also have to enjoy life while it lasts.
I always say nothing is bad for an individual, it is just the amount of exposure or frequency at which we come into contact with the said item that makes it harmful to us.
One of the most amazing things about making salads and sandwich is there are really no set rules or boundaries. You just get to do you. Expressing yourself in your meal. That is really fun and enjoyable. Salads are colorful,crunchy and you can literally have it anywhere at anytime.
We will have two meals in one with this recipe. Cool right 😉. I knowww. Lol! You can have this as packed lunch for the whole family.
My cravings always get the best part of me. I always crave for something. I don’t know what’s going to happen to me when I start having babies.Ha!
So as usual I had my cravings talk me into making chicken salad for lunch because I had a heavy breakfast. As I set out to make my chicken salad, I saw some avocados my Auntie had brought home for some days in the kitchen and decided to include it in my recipe. I have made tuna salad with Avocado but this was my first attempt at making chicken Avocado salad and Gosh!! It was AMAZING!!!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did because I am stuck with this forever.
I used Chicken breast from Sadia. It’s the best and cheapest I have tried so far. Got a different brand from shoprite sometime ago and it wasn’t too good and quite expensive compared to Sadia.
- Chicken breasts
- Maggi chicken cube
- Grated ginger and garlic
- Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Powdered pepper
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- A teaspoon of Lemon juice
- 1 Avocado
- Clean and cut chicken breast into cubes
- Place chicken with oil, maggi chicken bouillon, powder pepper, grated ginger, garlic and onions in a skillet on medium heat and cook for 10minutes.
- Wash and cut lettuce, cucumber, carrots , tomatoes and onions and sprinkle with lemon and salt as seen in picture and set aside .(Cut tomatoes into two halves and take out seeds before slicing them further same applies to cucumber. You can skip it all together)
- Cut Avocado into two halves, mash half of Avocado and cut the other half into cubes or chunks and set aside.
- Coat your cooked chicken cubes in the mashed Avocado.
- You can decide to layer your salad or just mix everything together.
- Place all cut veggies in a salad bowl, add your avocado, and chicken pieces, then mix it all together
- Add mayonnaise depending on how you like or prefer your salad. (I used just two tablespoons of mayonnaise because I had intentions of making the sandwich in which I will coat the bread with mayonnaise again)
- Stir everything together with a fork or a spoon and there you go. Just that simple
And you can enjoy this as a side ,main course or an appetizer.
In my case I decided to switch it up a little bit so I could skip supper because it was late lunch.Thats when the sandwich came into play.
- Four slices of bread
- Take a slice of bread and spread mayonnaise on the innermost part.
- Add chicken avocado salad
- Repeat step one and cover up with this slice.
- Do same for the other two slices of bread.
Serve with any juices of your choice or you can just have a bare scrumptious Chicken sandwich 😘
I prefer mixing everything together because the fusion of the different flavors with the salad ,mayonnaise,mashed avocado with the seasoning on the chicken,, all coming into one is just INDESCRIBABLE!😍 Each bite comes with beautiful memories 😄
I hope you try it and let me know how it turns out. Don’t forget to sign up for notifications and also comment if you have questions or recipes you would want me to put up.
Have a sandwichy day filled all the goodness in this recipe.