Well, well, well….All my ladies raise your hand if you feel same way I feel when it’s that time of the month and you still have to fix something for yourself or the family🤚🏾🖐🏾(times I wish I was pregnant) lol!
This was where I found myself some days ago with really terrible cravings. Was craving something spicy but also meaty and very quick. Wasn’t really a “meat person” but someone spoilt me.(you know yourself)
All the same, THANK GOD FOR LEFTOVERS. I just headed to the refrigerator to get something to eat and I was a bit disappointed. There was no cooked leftovers just raw food stuffs. But God still made a way. Ha! I found some already shredded beef in the freezer and boiled rice. So I had to make use of it.
Let me not bore you with all that….So here we go with my “life saver”.
Beef Chilli Sauce
Ingredients. Prep time:10minutes
Red chillies (4 chopped)
Half bulb of onion
3cloves of garlic
Finely grated ginger
Teaspoon of soy sauce
1 green pepper
Pinch of salt
- Wash and shred beef (luckily for me, mine was already shredded).
- Chop onions,& chillies, dice garlic and grate ginger.
- Place a skillet or frying pan on medium heat with oil, shredded beef, black pepper and a quarter of maggi bouillon and salt.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes or till beef is tender.
- Add chopped onions, chillies, diced garlic and grated ginger and stir.
- Mix cornflour with water and add to sauce.
- Add teaspoon of soy sauce and stir.
- Allow to simmer for 2minutes
- Add green peppers, stir and taste. Make adjustments to suit your taste😉
Tadaa your chilli stir fry is readdddyyyyyy!!! You can serve with boiled rice, boiled yam, fried rice, vermicelli rice or pita bread😉
.NB: Cornflour is a Kitchen staple in my house because it has a lot of benefits even for treating burns in the kitchen. But you can replace with normal flour but be careful with the quantity. You can always start with less and top up to suit your taste.
I am also a “pepper person”. Love spicy foods. So you can go slow or hard with the chilies depending on your taste.
My fellow baby cooks don’t worry if you don’t have a skillet at home, use your frying pan. The only difference is usually the depth and the skillet has a lid. But they can serve similar purposes. Feel free to break some rules😄that’s what baby’s do right? Defy all rules even nature.. Lol
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Kindly leave a comment if you try it and let me know how it goes.